Friday 22 April 2011

Day7 - Die Rodrigo!!

Don't fret! Rodrigo is not the name of my pet fish, tarantula or turtle (turtles are awesome), nor is it some poor chap who cut me off on the highway. Rodrigo is this little fella':


That's right! It was time to take down the Spaghetti Squash!! If the title still makes you queasy.. uhh... it was a typo! Please add a 't' after 'Die'!

Last day of week 1! Yessss, definitely an eye opening week, big learning experience. I'll be posting the highlights of which in the special first entry of Week 2!

Meal 1: Leftovas'
What: Roasted Grouper, carrot and zucchini sautéed in olive oil and cumin and some berries.
Verdict: Breakfast of Champions.


This was actually a late breakfast as I had done the early morning Mysore yoga class at Sattva Yoga Shala with Darby and Joanne. I'd like to take the time to send them a very warm shout out. They are the passionate practitioners who opened this one of a kind studio. Their love and dedication to yoga is amazingly strong and has fountained down into every nook and cranny of the place which has become a second home to Ashtanga (and life) enthusiasts such as myself! You both are inspiring! Namaste!

On that note, lets get through the meals of the day!

- This will be a quick run through as I want to spend more time writing the recap post! -

Meal 2: Smoothie!
What: Banana-Strawberry-Egg-Kiwi Smoothie!

Served with: Nuts! - Walnuts to be exact

Meal 3: Scrambled Eggs a la Pete
What: 2 eggs, red onion, leftover carrot and zucchini from the morning sautéed in olive oil and coconut milk. Topped with pecans.
Verdict: Really tasty and was a surprise meal! I got reaaaalllly hungry in the pm.

AND THEN.....


BEFORE KILL BILL THERE WAS.... KILL RODRIGO!!!!


Meal #4: Rodrigo!
Scene one - Pete and Rodrigo
Location - Kitchen
Action!!
"Hey Rodrigo did you listen to that mixed tape I made for you?"

"Yeah man it sucked"

"Wha??"

"Yeah and I saw that girl you find cute at that place... you don't have a chance son!!"

"... ..."

*SCHLING*

"Wait why did you look at that knife right now and then at me doing the weird face.... "

"Die Rodrigo!"
"NOOOO DUDDDEEEE not cool..."



The Delicious Result:
 What: Spaghetti squash noodles after roasting in the stove 45 minutes.

What: Noodles topped with tomato and avocado and garlic sizzled olive oil.
Verdict: Blew my mind!! Who knew arguments could lead to such deliciousness!
Side Note: I put a TON of garlic in the oil. To those of which who tolerated my particular natural fragrance over the evening....  I salute you.


Bonus Pic!!!!!

I capped off the night at Upstairs for my sister's official B-Day celebration. Upstairs also happens to me a local jazz scene where all the cool cats hang out and the star of the night was my bro-in-law, the one and only G-G-Giovanni! If you guys ever get the chance to see him live, jump on it!! He's the real deal! This guy hands out tasty saxophone solos like Santa hands out presents at the good kid table. 

Gio and Pete Flashing Gang Signs



SUMMARY OF DAY 7

Ingredients:
- Protein: fish, eggs, nuts
- Veggies: Rodrigo, tomato, avocado, carrot, zucchini
- Fruit: Strawberry, blackberry (I prefer iPhone myself but lets not get into that) , banana, kiwi,
- Fats: olive oil, coconut oil
- Other: garlic, cumin

Budget = 20$ for eggs and nuts

Hours slept = 7



And that's all folks! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment