Friday 6 May 2011

Day 20 - Look At Me I'm Beautiful!! aka Crock Pot!!

Hello hello


This post exists for the sole purpose of honouring my first, official, crock pot aka mijoteuse accomplishment!

First things first, what the heck is a crock pot?? You, reader, may already know the answer to this question but a few weeks ago, I myself was blissfully unaware of the existence of crock pots!! Essentially, a crock pot is a slow cooker. You put whatever you have to put inside, leave it on all day (choosing appropriate settings) and whatever cooks at a low heat! Awesomeness! Crock pots are a great tool to cook those 'less than choice' pieces of meat that are usually not as tender as higher priced pieces. The slow cooking tenderizes the meat and also creates some tasty broths.

Pete's First Crock Pot
What: Asparagus, Onion, Boeuf Bourgignon, Carrot, Zucchini, Garlic powder, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Olive oil
Verdict: Fail!!! While the odour was amazing (as noticed by many of my work colleagues :) the settings I chose overcooked the meat. Very chewy. Lesson learnt! I'm already looking forward to my next crock pot experience!
Next Crock Pot Experience: A big assssss piece of pork loin I get for about 6$ (at 4$ a kilo).


Look at Me! I Am Beautiful!!!
Price: About 60$
Verdict: Worth every dollar, its quick, it saves a buck on meat, it opens up limitless possibilities and it sings you to sleep. Last thing was made up!



That's all for day 20! Lots of writing to do today!!! YEAAAAHHH I'M BACKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Please don't cook that pork loin in the crock pot. Call me if you got like 24hrs to marinate it. I'll blow your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the meat was chewey it means that it did not cook long enough. Put the setting at low heat and let it cook till you can cut the meat with a fork.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete