Thursday 28 April 2011

Day 13 - Leg-Grab-Towel-Turn!

Ultra post! 

I've been in uber information gathering mode over the last two days, figuring out some awesome ways to prepare paleo foods well at a redeemable price. In video game terms, this is called levelling up!

I'll be posting my findings very soon, as well as my master plan that will hopefully offer food enthusiasts everywhere some useful and inspiring... ummm.... food for thought.

Until then, a little something to keep you on your toes:

Merci Les Glorieux!

If any of you follow NHL hockey, you are probably aware of the epic playoff series that just happened between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins. It was hard fought, emotional, full of ups and downs and never, I'll say that again, never easy to watch. I think my heart actually stopped a few times and I know of at least one occasion when I curled up into a fetal position and had gentle spasms for a few minutes.

Ahh, the playoffs.

So for game 6, I had my friend Laurence over for Pete's Paleo Pasta!

Pete's Paleo Pasta aka Rodrigo 2.0
What: Spaghetti Squash, Hot Pepper Tomato Sauce with sautéed zucchini, diced tomatoes, green onion and oregano.
Verdict: Would have eaten four plates of this. Reallllllllly tasty.


It turns out Laurence is the real deal when it comes to being a hockey fan, so she was psyched for the game.

Psyched Laurence

It also turns out Laurence has the same type of uncontrollable, emotional, twitchy, nervous way of watching hockey that I do! Needless to say, we had a lot of fun watching this game together. We each brought our own personal superstitions that we felt would, I daresay, guarantee victory and, as it often happens when superstitious people meet, some new ones developed along the way.

At one point, any close call warranted that we both start doing the following leg-grab-towel-turn action to ward off evil spirits. Here is the sacred move demonstrated by the lovely Laurence aka Pauf:

Leg-Grab-Towel-Turn by Pauf

Verdict: I think we spent half the game in this posture. No kidding. Habs fans, you are welcome for the victory, because it worked! Unfortunately, Laurence and I were not able to watch game 7 together, so I apologize for the both of us at not being able to work our magic into a series clinching victory. Monster props to our Habs for giving it all they had! And yes, I'll say it, congrats to Boston as well for coming out with the victory and moving on to the next round. Good luck!

Back to game 6! We celebrated being victorious with dessert!!!:

Dessert
"Yeah, that's right, these are called strawberries."

What: Blackberries and Strawberries in Balsamic Vinegar
Verdict: I can't figure out what face I'm making in this photo. It's definitely a weird face. Hungry face?


All in all, was a great night!! Thanks Laurence!

MINI UPDATE AND SPOILER!
- My spending is out of control! another ~75$ on tuesday and 17$ yesterday. Paleo Xavier (my Paleo Challenge Brother) has sent me an interesting link and I plan on (prepare yourself for a POWER PUN....)........ cashing in on all this intelligence I'm gathering to save big bucks and still eat healthy.

- Spoiler: I'm meeting with Math from Crossfit CapOp tomorrow to talk paleo! He's put in a lot of time and work himself in finding out optimal ways of eating this way and has been following a paleo diet for a few years now so it should be an epic meeting of the paleo minds!!

All the best to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment